Underwater WiFi Pack Setup Guide
- Underwater WiFi Extension Cable*
- GoPro Housing*
- GoPro Buckle Mount
- (a) Thumbscrews & (b) Screws
- GoPro Ball Adapter
- Double Ball Socket Mounting Arm
- Pole to Ball Adapter
- Velcro Straps
- GoPro Camera*
- Telescopic Pole*†
* These items may differ depending on your package variant.
†Not available through CamDo.
For more information on Underwater WiFi Packs, click here.
Make sure all batteries are fully charged before beginning.
If the WiFi Pack contents are already assembled and stored in the hard-case, skip to step# 7.
- Attach the (4) Flashlight to the (6) GoPro Ball Adapter using either a (5a) Thumbscrew for a temporary connection or (5b) phillips head screw for a permanent connection.
Remove the standard backdoor from the (2) GoPro housing. The standard backdoor of the GoPro housing is removed by opening the backdoor fully and then pulling or rotating the backdoor away from the camera housing.
- Replace the (2) GoPro Housing Backdoor with the wet-end of the (1) Underwater WiFi Extension Cable.
- Place the (10) GoPro inside the (2) camera housing and close the backdoor for a waterproof seal.
- Attach the (3) GoPro Buckle Mount to the (2) GoPro Housing using either a (5a) Thumbscrew for a temporary connection or (5b) phillips head screw for a permanent connection.
- Clip the (3) GoPro Buckle Mount into the top of the (4) Flashlight.
- Attach the (8) Pole to Ball Adapter to the end of your (12) Telescopic pole using either a (5a) Thumbscrew for a temporary connection or (5b) phillips head screw for a permanent connection.
The (8) Pole to Ball Adapter socket attaches to most generic telescoping poles with the common 0.715" OD threaded end. The pole end does not necessarily need to be threaded as the adapter attaches by screwing down the clamp to the end of the pole.
- Loosen (7) Double Ball Socket Mounting Arm and attach it to the (6) GoPro Ball Adapter.
- Attach the open side of the (7) Double Ball Socket Mounting Arm to the (8) Pole to Ball Adapter on the end of the (12) Telescopic Pole and tighten the SCREW to lock in the desired angle for use.
- Use Velcro Straps to attach the (1) Underwater WiFi Extension Cable along the length of the (12) Telescopic Pole.
- Use the Velcro tape at the dry-end of the (1) Underwater WiFi Extension Cable to attach the dry-end to or close to the Tablet (wireless viewing device).
The distance the tablet or phone can be from the dry end adapter depends on the cable length, orientation of the adapter, the type of the antenna in the controlling device, and the interference from other signals. It will work for a few feet in most cases, but the closer the better.
Turn on the WiFi of the (10) GoPro camera by holding down the button on the side of the camera.
Adjust the luminosity of the (4) Flashlight by pressing the button on the side. The Flashlight has a High, Low, and Blinking setting.
Connect to the GoPro camera using the GoPro App for a live preview and control of the camera settings. If your camera has not been paired with The GoPro App, information on how to pair your GoPro with your device can be found on this page: https://gopro.com/support/articles/how-to-pair-the-camera-with-the-gopro-app