Last month, we wrote about GoPro’s CES announcement highlighting upcoming firmware Hero4 updates. Well, it’s here, folks. It launched on February 4th. Get the most out of your GoPro HERO4 with this latest software update. Here’s what you can expect once you make the update:
New Modes + Features
- Time Lapse Video mode added
- Auto Image Rotation added
- 30 photos/6 seconds Burst rate added
- 720p240 video mode added (Narrow FOV only) – Black Edition Only
- 2.7K60 video mode added – Black Edition Only
- Changes Protune default video ISO to 1600
- Adds Reset option for camera Wi-Fi settings
- Displays Night Lapse shutter time on the camera status screen
- Delivers the ability to add HiLight Tags during playback
- Adds new gesture to display the last photo or video captured
- Automatically locks the display after the camera goes to sleep
- Night Lapse stability improvements
One of the most interesting features has to be the addition of 720p240 video mode to allow for slow-motion. With GoPro's image quality already being top-notch, slowing things down will make for some seriously impactful footage.
Here's an example of what it looks like.
Do you have a HERO4 and have made the update? What's your favorite feature? If you have interesting footage, we'd love to see it!