This guide describes how to connect the inputs and outputs from multiple V15 battery packs in parallel. Multiple V15 battery packs can be connected in series or parallel using the cables provided. However, connecting the battery packs in parallel is a more efficient circuit since it removes a charging circuit (one battery charging from the other) from the system which introduces an extra source of electrical inefficiency. In addition to setting up your equipment, please make reference to our comprehensive time lapse guide, How to Time Lapse here.
V15 PACKAGE CONTENTS
(left of GoPro camera)
V15 battery pack: (1a) Mini USB input, (1b) USB output
USB Charging cable: (2a) USB connector, (2b) Micro USB connector
USB multi-cable: (3a) Male USB, (3b) Female 3.5 x 1.1mm barrel connector
GoPro power adapter: (4a) Male 3.5 x 1.1mm barrel connector, (4b) Male mini USB
Battery power adapter: (5a) Micro USB, (5b) Female 3.5 x 1.1mm barrel connector
Splitter cable 1: (6a) 2 x Male 3.5x1.1mm barrel connectors, (6b) 1 x Female 3.5x1.1mm barrel connector
Splitter cable 2: (7a) 2 x Male 3.5x1.1mm barrel connectors, (7b) 1 x Female 3.5x1.1mm barrel connector
SOLAR PACKAGE CONTENTS
(right of GoPro camera)
V15 battery pack: (8a) Mini USB input, (8b) USB output
USB Charging cable: (9a) USB, (9b) Micro USB
USB multi-cable: (10a) Male USB, (10b) Female 3.5x1.1mm barrel connector
GoPro power adapter: (11a) Male 3.5x1.1mm barrel connector, (11b) Male Mini USB
When the battery is disconnected, press and hold the power button for 6 seconds to change modes. If the charge indicator flashes 3 times and stays lit for a second or two, you are now in Always On mode. If the charge indicator flashes 3 times and then goes dark, you are now in Auto Off mode.
2. Connect the (3a &10a) USB multi-cable to each USB output of the (1b & 8b) V15 battery pack.
3. Connect the male end of a (6a) splitter cable1 to each (3b & 10b) USB multi-cable.
3b. If using more than two battery packs, the Female 3.5x1.1mm output from a (6b) can be attached to the Male 3.5x1.1mm input from another (6a). Make sure to firmly attach the connection between each (6) splitter cable.
4. Attach the Male 3.5x1.1mm connection of (4a) to the Female 3.5x1.1mm output of (6b).
5. Attach the mini USB connector (4b) to the mini USB power input on your GoPro.
6. Connect the solar panel Male 3.5x1.1mm output (13a) to the Female 3.5x1.1mm input of (7b) splitter cable.
6b. If using more than two battery packs, connect one of the Male 3.5x1.1mm outputs (7a) from a splitter cable to the Female 3.5x1.1mm input (7b) from another splitter cable. Make sure to firmly attach the connection between each Splitter cable (7).
7. Connect the Female 3.5x1.1mm end of the (5b & 12b) battery power adapter to each Male 3.5x1.1mm end (7a) of the splitter cables. Make sure to firmly attach the connection between the cable and adapters.
8. Connect the mini USB connector of (5a & 12a) battery power adapter to each Battery Pack’s charging port (1a & 8a).