In the fast-paced world of construction, staying connected and informed about your project's progress is crucial. Thanks to technological advancements, remote monitoring of construction sites has become easier and more effective than ever. One powerful tool that has become table stakes is the time lapse camera paired with a cloud platform. In this article, we'll explore ten helpful tips for remotely monitoring your construction site using a time lapse camera and cloud platform:
- Get started: Time lapse cameras equipped with advanced cloud connectivity, such as those offered by CamDo, enable seamless remote capture of your construction site. The cloud dashboard is a hub for camera status updates, remote monitoring, video creation, and secure cloud storage. CamDo’s CloudX dashboard is designed specifically for remote time lapse management. This ensures that you have all the tools you need at your fingertips to keep a watchful eye on your construction site's progress from anywhere.
- Easier Image Management:In addition to saving the images to the camera’s SD card, the camera also automatically uploads images to the cloud, eliminating the need to collect them from the camera’s SD Card regularly physically. You can download individual images or entire shoots, making image and video management much faster.
- Monitor Remotely: A remote monitoring feature lets you quickly view captured frames, ensuring your construction site is progressing as planned. This feature is particularly useful for project managers and stakeholders who need real-time updates.
- Status Heartbeat: Keep track of your time lapse camera's health and status using the status heartbeat feature. Easily identify any issues or errors that might impact your remote monitoring.
- Daily Email Updates: Setup daily email updates that include important details like camera status, the number of captured photos, and more. This regular stream of information keeps you informed without requiring constant manual checks.
- Timelapse Video Creation: Simplify the process of generating 4K time lapse videos from the stored images. With just a few clicks, you can create visually compelling videos that showcase your construction site's progress over time without downloading gigabytes of image data to another device.
- Customize Schedules: Capture schedules can be changed remotely, for example, when you need to capture more images or if work is happening on a weekend. You can also automate the creation of time lapse videos. For example,CloudX allows you to choose regular intervals for video creation, ensuring that you have a steady stream of visual updates to review or share with stakeholders.
- Industry Integrations: Set up the integration between your camera and the cloud with construction platforms like Procore, BIM 360, Plangrid, and CMiC to enhance your workflow. Once connected, your time lapse images and data flow directly into the designated folder in your CIMS.
- Recent Images: CloudX's "latest image" feature provides instant access to your most recent time lapse photo. This feature offers peace of mind, as you can verify that your camera reliably captures images.
- Plan Ahead: Use atime lapse calculator tool to simplify project planning, allowing you to input shooting days, hours per day, and the time interval between shots. This helps estimate the number of shots needed, power, 4G/Wifi data, and memory requirements and even calculates the final clip length for your project.
Combining a time lapse camera and cloud platform allows Project Managers to monitor their construction sites remotely. With purpose-built features, seamless cloud connectivity, and integrations with industry-leading platforms, CloudX empowers you to stay informed, make data-driven decisions, and collaborate effectively with stakeholders. By following these 10 tips, you'll harness the full potential of this technology duo, ensuring the success of your construction projects regardless of your physical location.